For the rules v. 1.1 is there any way to distinguish which rules have been changed or updated? I dont want to have to read the rules front to back again. Something like updates or addendums written in red kinda thing.
As soon as 1.1 is out I will be sending out a list of changes. Probably posting – by far the most changes are clarifications – here is a very preliminary version of that list
Rule Changes Summary
- Clarified that you can attack across Burma Road
- Clarified that Carpet Bombing is only one round and not pre-emptive
- Clarified – A nation whose capital is taken loses all its IPPs even if it does not surrender
- Changed – All nations lose accumulated IPP when their capital is taken.
- Changed – French Indo China and New Caledonia become Japanese if Vichy.
- Clarified – Language around US influence in South America to make it clearer.
- Clarified – Soviet Northern Sea route and allowed Soviets to give anyone passage they choose.
- Clarified language in Convoy Raiding rules
- Added in Spain new reinforcement rules.
- Clarified Repair of Capital Ships
- Clarified that a city is surrounded if it can’t trace a supply path to another friendly land zone.
- Clarified that “declaring war” means initiating it.
- Clarified – if you take your turn together you are are Aligned you can attack and move together – USA/KMT USSR/CCP ALL UK
- Updated Victory conditions for most nations in small ways
- Added Sydney and Calcutta as FEC/ANZAC capitals for purposes of 9.20 (losing money when your capital is captured).
- Changed Sleeping Bear Rule for Russia so that it can declare war but continues to roll for income if it is the declarer.
- Changed “Bonuses” to being cumulative, except for fortifications. And reducing a unit below 0
- Chicago added as list of cities required for US surrender
- Changes the Japanese militia rule to 1945 or US having 5 transports otherwise Japan could never get invaded.
- Clarified some statistics specifically around aircraft interception values.
- Changed incorrect sea zones in set ups.
- Changes some nations bonus income and income increase rules.
- Added Japanese “dug in defense” to protect Okinawa.